The Keepkey crypto hardware wallet by Shapeshift is a hardware wallet for Bitcoin and alt coins that is meant to work directly with the Shape Shift platform. If you are considering this wallet, you should make sure you are familiar with the Shape Shift platform and that Keepkey is the correct wallet for you. If you are looking to store some Bitcoin or access Defi, there are other wallets that may work better. Please contact us if you have questions and we can help you find the proper fit.
Stress-Free Security: Generate and manage your private keys offline in cold storage, guarded against computer vulnerabilities and viruses, while utilizing wallet software for safe transactions.
- Supports the world’s leading cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and 46 ERC-20 tokens. We are also continually adding new assets; stay up to date with our latest updates or check our asset support page.
- KeepKey is a USB HID-class device.
- KeepKey generates your Bitcoin private key using its hardware-based random number generator, combined with randomness provided by your computer.
- KeepKey is virus and malware proof; because it does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device.
- Your private key is stored securely on your KeepKey, never leaving the device. Your KeepKey is PIN-protected, which renders it useless even if it falls into the wrong hands.
- WARNING: Beware of fraudulent services that may ask for your recovery phrase. Always remember that no person, company, or wallet should ever be asking for your private key/recovery phrase and the only time you would need to enter this information is to recover your wallet. Please contact our customer support team if you have any questions.
What’s in the Box: KeepKey Hardware Wallet, Woven Nylon USB Cable, Recovery Sentence Backup Card.
We have the Keepkey wallet available from Shape Shift. We set the wallet up yesterday and took some unboxing pictures. We didn't get very far because we don't have a Shapeshift account. We did set one up to try out the wallet. From what we can tell, the wallet is mostly a screen with a button. You hold the button in for a few moments to select and move the wallet to its next screen. The Keepkey appears to only work with Shape Shift which is a trading platform that doesn't require KYC. It is limited in its coins, but supposedly has a nice variety of the most popular ones. We were not able to find Binance Chain or Pancake Swap Cake so we will need to continue our mission.
We do have a few Keepkeys in stock and ready to ship if this is the one you have been looking for.
If you want to try out Shape Shift but get a different hardware wallet, you can also use a Trezor brand wallet or a Ledger brand wallet with the platform.
Recently viewed products
The Keepkey wallet is made specifically for the Shape Shift network. We plan to try out the network and report back. It appears to offer a platform for holding and trading the main 50 coins with very low fees. If that is the case, we think it sounds like something that we should learn more about. We are always looking for the next big thing in Crypto and Defi. We have a couple of the Keepkey wallets in stock if you would like to give it a try. Just keep it in mind that it is for Shape Shift.